With regularly scheduled visits to your dentist in Solana Beach, you’re taking a good step towards identifying and preventing any dental disease that may develop. Moreover, working with a trusted dentist in Solana Beach CA makes it possible for you receive a dental exam, treatment and relevant tips for maintaining proper oral health.
Even before making it to the dentist for your next appointment, there are some general tips that you can apply for healthy gums and teeth.
- Brush your teeth daily – It’s important to brush your teeth after every meal. Ensure that you use a brush that can access all areas of your teeth and is gentle on your gums.
- Floss your teeth daily – Flossing is quite important for removing food or plaque that may be stuck between your teeth. It can be done once daily to ensure that no substances are stuck between your teeth.
- Eat the right food – Avoid foods that have too much sugar. Sugar is the main cause of tooth decay while plaque can cause gum disease. You’re also advised to chew foods that help you clean your teeth such as apples and raw carrots, among others.
- Change your toothbrush regularly – It’s important to use your toothbrush for a period of 2-3 months and then change it for a new one. Using a toothbrush for too long may make it challenging to get rid of harmful bacteria.
- Drink enough water – Water helps you with digestion, but it also helps keep your teeth white. As you drink water, it cleans substances that may stick on the surface of your teeth. It also helps flush down bacteria.
- Protect your teeth from physical damage – Don’t use your teeth to open bottles or tear things. Biting your nails can also be very bad for your teeth. In case you normally find yourself in a situation where you need to carry out a given activity with your teeth, other than eating, ensure you have the right tools around you.
- Regularly visit the dentist – Maintaining a proper home regimen for mouth cleaning is very important for protecting your gums and teeth. However, this doesn’t replace your visits to the dentist. This must be maintained in order to get a more comprehensive status review of your dental health.
Your dentist in Solana Beach has the expertise, experience and flawless track record to help you keep your mouth happy and healthy. Call or visit Solana Beach Dentistry (858) 345-4497 to schedule your next appointment.