Cleaning and Prevention
Your Dentist at Solana Beach Will Keep Your Smile Healthy With Regular Cleanings and Prevention Services
Just like it’s said that “prevention is better than a cure”, we are reliable Dentists at Solana Beach that work to help patients avoid periodontal disease through a comprehensive approach to dental health. If you are looking for dental cleaning at Solana Beach, know that Solana Beach Dentistry is always available to help you maintain that beautiful smile.
It is however, important to note that for an overall, optimal dental health, the approach has to be cooperative. It involves you and our professional team working in unison. The reason why we vouch for preventive measures is to help preserve natural dentition and avoid any unnecessary medical expenditures associated with serious dental diseases and conditions.
Solana Beach Family Dental therefore provides professional dental cleaning services and teaches you the most effective preventive techniques to apply at home. It’s important that you maintain a thorough daily cleaning routine and regular visits to a dentist for comprehensive exams and professional cleaning.
Below are some of the cleaning and preventive dental services that we offer:
Dental Exam and Professional Cleaning
Your first visit to our facility will include a thorough dental examination and cleaning. Our team will check if you already have any dental issues that may require special attention. If there is nothing to worry about, you will be provided with information and tools to help you maintain good oral health. Our comprehensive examination includes::
- Digital, low dose radiographic examination as necessary
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Examination of tooth decay
- Examination of existing restorations
- TMJ evaluation
- Head and neck screening
- Orthodontic examination (tooth position and bite)
Progression of Decay
Our Solana Beach professional dental cleaning services cover:
- Removal of calculus (tartar)
- Removal of plaque and accretions
- Teeth polishing
- Fluoride application, if needed
Dental Radiographs (X-Rays)
Solana Beach Family Dental offers dental X-Rays to help establish any unwanted dental structures, malignancies, or toothdecay. Below are some of the reasons why it’s important for you to have occasional dental radiographs:
- Invaluable for detecting caries (decay) in between teeth and under existing restorations
- May detect a number of otherwise invisible conditions, such as bone loss and abnormalities of tissues surrounding the teeth
- Modern dental radiographs are extremely safe since digital radiographs emit extremely low doses of radiation
- Dental radiograph frequency is determined individually based on the patient’s vulnerability and propensity to gum disease and/or tooth decay
Most of the things that call for sophisticated dental procedures stem from lack of proper dental home care. That’s why our dentistry team provides you with home care tips. Things like proper diet and cleaning of teeth are an indispensable part ofmaintaining a healthy smile. Here are some of the things you can do at home for improved oral health:
- Floss teeth once a day
- Brush teeth two to three times a day with fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse after meals if you can’t brush
Let us be your Dentist at Solana Beach and you will be amazed at how much you can transform your smile.