Whether you’re on a date, out with friends, or at work, a toothache can quickly ruin your day. Of course, you will want to be seen by a dentist as soon as possible. However, that is not always an option. So what should you do in the interim to resolve toothache pain? In this article, we will take a look at a few ways to soothe toothache pain until you can be seen by a dentist.
HOW TO QUICKLY SOOTHE TOOTHACHE PAIN
If your goal is to temporarily soothe toothache pain until you can schedule an appointment with your dentist, here are 6 proven strategies that may help you:
- Place a cold compress or a pack of frozen vegetables against your jaw.
- If you have access to them, consider taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication.
- Swish warm salt water in your mouth as it will help reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Place a hot pack against your jaw.
- Consider using acupressure as it can produce endorphins that can ease toothache pain.
- Refrain from eating very hot or cold foods to avoid exacerbating the pain.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A DENTIST
While treatments recommended in this article may ease toothache pain, it is still important to schedule an appointment with a dentist as soon as possible. After all, the pain that you’re experiencing is often indicative of a cavity or a more serious dental problem like an abscessed tooth or gum infection, for example. If dental problems go untreated, they can become worse and could lead to a variety of complications, which could affect your overall health.
DENTIST ENCINITAS AND EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE
Obviously, if you are experiencing severe toothache pain while on a date, it will ruin your evening. So, relieving your toothache pain should be a top priority. If you’re unable to relieve your toothache pain using any of the options detailed in this article, you may want to locate a dental office that provides emergency care. This could be a dentist Encinitas facility, one of the many La Costa dental groups, a Carlsbad dentist, or any other practice where you can be seen immediately. As far as your date is concerned, if things were going well prior to your tooth pain, there is a good chance that you can pick up where you left off after your trip to the dentist.